My baby turned 2 on Sunday, and it was a fun day. He had been looking at his wrapped up presents for a week (no where to put them!) and was desperate to open them. He was so excited. On Saturday we had a fun day out at the Cheshire Oaks outlets, and trekked all around the nearby town of Ellesmere Port trying to find him a birthday balloon. He saw the Thomas the Tank engine balloon and it took 1 second to decide if that was the one for him! He loves trains and cars etc. The weather was good and we spent the afternoon at Croxteth Hall park in Liverpool. It was a good day.
I really wanted to make the effort to do his cake this year. I have gotten so lazy lately and have resorted to the nasty store bought ones that are so dry. I am frustrated that I have had to buy one for Josh's birthday because we are away camping! It was so fun to make though I have learned some lessons about frosting ;D It took me 3 hours to do, but was worth all the effort - Jacob loved it and it was tasty ;D
On Sunday we had to get up so he could open his presents before church. He was happy playing with everything. He got alot of lovely things. He was not too happy however being dragged away from his new toys to get in the car! Can't blame him really. We took his Playmobil Police car with us but Josh wanted it all the way thru Sacrament Meeting so there was just fights there. In the evening the family came over and we had his birthday cake. He had a really happy day. I can't believe where these last 2 years have gone. My precious baby is growing up so fast.
He is now on the waiting list for Speech Therapy. Over the last few weeks he has attempted a few words. As much as I am dreading Josh going to school full time, I am also looking forward to spending lots of one on one time with me and my little guy. It will be great. And I hope we can make some progress. I have so many plans for us!!!!! I love you Jacob my sweet! xxxx
I really wanted to make the effort to do his cake this year. I have gotten so lazy lately and have resorted to the nasty store bought ones that are so dry. I am frustrated that I have had to buy one for Josh's birthday because we are away camping! It was so fun to make though I have learned some lessons about frosting ;D It took me 3 hours to do, but was worth all the effort - Jacob loved it and it was tasty ;D
On Sunday we had to get up so he could open his presents before church. He was happy playing with everything. He got alot of lovely things. He was not too happy however being dragged away from his new toys to get in the car! Can't blame him really. We took his Playmobil Police car with us but Josh wanted it all the way thru Sacrament Meeting so there was just fights there. In the evening the family came over and we had his birthday cake. He had a really happy day. I can't believe where these last 2 years have gone. My precious baby is growing up so fast.
He is now on the waiting list for Speech Therapy. Over the last few weeks he has attempted a few words. As much as I am dreading Josh going to school full time, I am also looking forward to spending lots of one on one time with me and my little guy. It will be great. And I hope we can make some progress. I have so many plans for us!!!!! I love you Jacob my sweet! xxxx
1 comment:
wow, 2 already! Happy birthday to him. It seems its time for birthdays in your family.
Post a Comment